UniStart develops your academic skills for success at university. The course is free to all University of Tasmania students who are Australian citizens, permanent residents, or who hold a humanitarian visa.
UniStart gives you a head start by exploring what you need to know as a new university student.
If you are returning to study or beginning a new course and think you need to revise your skills, then UniStart is for you too.
It is available before semester begins.
UniStart is offered On-Campus or by Distance
- On-Campus: 4 days, face-to-face, workshops and activities
- Distance: self-paced, online, workshops and activities
- a combination of both
Can't attend all 4 days? Catch up online.
Studying by distance but would like to do a workshop face-to-face? Come along to the campus offering.
You will also have access to online resources, workshops and individual consultation which will be available throughout the year to support your learning.
Some of the topics covered in UniStart include:
- Assignment writing and academic honesty
- Critical thinking and writing
- Tools and strategies for research
- Learning online and accessing the online learning system call MyLO (My Learning Online)
- What to do with lectures and how to take notes
- Managing your study, work, life balance
- Learning independently
For further information on UniStart please contact UniStartteam at email@example.com
Many students find that study at the University of Tasmania is quite different from their previous education experiences in their home country. UniStart International is designed to assist with the process of studying in higher education in Australia.
Visit Ask Us for answers to all your questions as a student at the University of Tasmania