If you're doing the application yourself, all you have to do is choose your course, check you meet the entry requirements and any course pre-requisites, check out any scholarships you might be eligible for, then go through our how to apply pages to make sure you do everything right in your online application!
You can apply directly with us through our application portal, or you may be required or prefer to apply through an agent. If so, you can find one of our authorised agents in your region and they'll guide you through the process.
You are an international applicant / student if you are:
- intending to study on a student visa, or
- not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or
- not an Australian permanent resident, or
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia.
Find out more at Am I a Domestic or International Student?
How to apply
This process applies to undergraduate and postgraduate coursework applications – find out how to apply for a research degree.
Search our wide range of courses. Use the filters to search by degree level and area of interest, then click on a course to find out more.
For information or advice, please call +61 3 6226 6200 or email email@example.com.
Prepare electronic copies of the documents you need to complete your application.
These may include:
- evidence of your English Language proficiency (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL)
- evidence of your academic qualifications (including English translations), and
- evidence of your previous studies if you are applying for recognition of prior learning including official course and unit outlines.
All the documents provided must be the original document or a certified copy. Delays in processing times may be affected if all documents are not provided on initial application.
Are you eligible for advanced standing? If you have previously studied, you may be eligible for advanced standing. If you are eligible for advanced standing, you may not have to complete all of the subjects listed in your course and you could graduate sooner. You can apply for advanced standing at the same time as applying for your course.
You should understand the fees you will need to pay for your course. These include:
- International course fees found on the specific course page.
- Any additional fees and costs can be found at Scholarships, fees, and costs.
- Apply directly online through our application portal. Our International Admissions team will contact you if we require any further information from you.
- Apply through an authorised University of Tasmania agent.
IMPORTANT: If you, or your agent, submits an application without all the documents then there may be delays to the processing of your application. This includes requests and supporting documentation for credit/advanced standing (recognition of prior learning).
We have a number of scholarships specifically designed for international students. Most of these are assessed at the time of application for your degree program but some require a formal scholarship application. For more information including scholarship closing dates, please visit international scholarships.
What happens next?
Add apply for accommodation somewhere?
You will receive a response once your application has been received
If your application is successful, we'll send you a Letter of Offer to study with us. Accept your offer and pay your fee deposit, health cover and any other fees indicated on your Letter of Offer in our application portal.
Find out more at How do I accept my offer?
Find out more at How do I pay my fees?
Pay your semester tuition fees plus Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE), the document needed for your visa application.
Apply for your student visa and start making your travel arrangements
You'll have access within 24 hours to our University systems once you've accepted your offer to study with us.
Once you've accepted your offer, you can enrol in your units. You can manage this in eStudent.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application.
- Application outcomes will be advised within one to two weeks from the date we receive your application and all required supporting documentation.
- If you require a student visa, you will need to allow additional time to apply for a student visa.
- The University of Tasmania does not charge an application fee.