Take advantage of a professional development opportunity that provides university study covered by a HECS scholarship.
The University of Tasmania has formed an agreement with TAFE Queensland to deliver professional development opportunities for their teaching staff in a selected range of courses.
How do I qualify for a scholarship?
This opportunity is extended to all teaching staff who:
- are employed by TAFE Queensland; and
- are employed on a continuing basis (full-time and part-time) or who are on a fixed-term contract of 12 months or more; and
- will continue to be employed by TAFE Queensland while undertaking the HECS scholarship units;
- are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - see studyassist.gov.au for eligibility guidelines); and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS scholarships.
Which courses attract full HECS scholarships?
Eligible TAFE Queensland employees have access to a full HECS scholarship (maximum 100% load) for 2017, in the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Education (Applied Learning)
- Bachelor of Adult and Applied Learning
- Bachelor of Education with Professional Honours (Specialisation)
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Specialisation)
How do I enrol?
There are a number of steps to get started on your study with the University of Tasmania and applying for the HECS scholarship, as follows:
- Decide which course you are interested in - if you are unsure, contact the University Info Centre on 1300 363 864 or Course.Info@utas.edu.au for information and course advice.
- Submit your application
- Once you have received your offer of a place, follow the instructions provided to accept the offer and arrange to attend a Ready for Uni workshop. Here you will receive necessary information and have the opportunity to complete your enrolment for the units you will be studying.
- Enrol in your Units in eStudent
How do I Apply for Scholarship?
- The application of your Scholarship to your Course will be handled internally between Student Services and our Fees Unit. You do not need to take any action in this respect – except ensure you have recorded your TAFE QLD email address as your personal email, as this is the only way to identify potentially eligible students.
- You will still need to submit your HECS-HELP (eCAF) for your Course online in eStudent. It is a Government requirement if studying in a HECS Supported Course – regardless of any Scholarship arrangement.
Need more information?
Please contact the University Info Centre on 1300 363 864 to discuss your options or to make an appointment with a Student Adviser. Alternatively, email Course.Info@utas.edu.au