1. Selecting a course & units for your semester.
View our online Course and unit handbook and choose eight units you wish to be assessed for entry into. Consult with your home institution to make sure that these subjects can be credited back to your home degree.
2. Complete the online application
Documents you will need to complete your online application:
- A scanned copy of your academic transcript
- A scanned copy of your passport photo page
- English language proficiency test (if applicable)
3. Application Deadlines
Semester 1 - February to June
Exchange applications: 30 November the year before
Please note that Study Abroad applications can be accepted up until the 15 December.
Semester 2 - July to November
Exchange applications: 30 April the same year
Please note that Study Abroad applications can be accepted up until the 31 May.
4. Apply for on campus accommodation!
It is strongly recommended that you apply for on campus accommodation at the same time as you submit your application.
Accommodation is never guaranteed and places are limited.
View our on campus accommodation options as well as information on how to apply.
1. Contact your home University or agent
They will help you determine whether you're
a study abroad or exchange student.
2. Choose your units
Choose your units (subjects) by selecting
the 'UNITS' tab at: utas.edu.au/search
Things to check:
* Make sure you meet any prerequisites
* Units are offered at the same campus
* Units are in the correct semester
* Include a minimum of 6 unit choices
3. Submit your application
Complete the online application at:
If you're applying through a University of Tasmania
authorised overseas agent, they will assist you with
the online application. Please make sure that you
attach all supporting documentation required.
Semester 1 (February to June):
31st July the year before intended study
Semester 2 (July to November):
30th November the year before intended study
4. Accept your offer
Once you receive your offer, you'll need
to accept it and pay any relevant fees.
You'll receive an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
(eCoE), which is needed to apply for a student visa.
For detailed information on visa requirements,
how to apply, and related issues visit: border.gov.au
5. Next steps
- Now you can book your flights
- Request your free airport pick-up
- Book on-campus accommodation
and research things to do in Tasmania
Please note: It is recommended that you DO NOT book any flights to Australia until you have received your official offer letter for entry into the UTAS Study Abroad and Exchange program.