Take advantage of a professional development opportunity that provides university study covered by a HECS waiver.
The University of Tasmania has formed an agreement with TAFE Queensland to deliver professional development opportunities for their teaching staff in a selected range of courses.
Available to TAFE Queensland staff who:
- meet the course entry requirements for one of the following courses:
- are employed by TAFE QLD; and
- are employed on a continuing basis (full-time and part-time) or who are on a fixed-term contract of 12 months or more; and
- will continue to be employed within the sector while undertaking the HECS waiver units; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth-supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - visit Study Assist for eligibility guidelines); and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS waivers.
20% HECS waiver for all units studied in 2023 (students will still need to pay SSAF).
- Apply to study one of the eligible courses listed above.
- Once you have received your offer, follow the instructions to accept your place.
- Complete your enrolment in eStudent - follow this guide to enrolling (login to student portal).
- Apply for the TAFE Queensland Education Sector Waiver.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application via your University of Tasmania email address.