Take advantage of a professional development opportunity that provides university study covered by a HECS waiver.
The University of Tasmania has formed an agreement with TAFE Queensland to deliver professional development opportunities for their teaching staff in a selected range of courses.
Available to Tasmanian Education Sector staff who:
- meet the course entry requirements for one of the following courses:
- are employed by the Department of Education (DOE), TasTAFE, a Catholic school in Tasmania, or one of many Independent schools in Tasmania; and
- are employed on a continuing basis (full-time and part-time) or who are on a fixed-term contract of 12 months or more; and
- will continue to be employed within the sector while undertaking the HECS waiver units; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth-supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - visit Study Assist for eligibility guidelines); and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS waivers.
100% HECS waiver for all units studied each year.
- Apply to study one of the eligible courses listed above.
- Once you have received your offer, follow the instructions to accept your place.
- Complete your enrolment in eStudent - follow this guide to enrolling.
- The application of your scholarship to your Course will be handled internally by the College and the Fees team. Please ensure you have recorded your TAFE QLD email address as your personal email, as this is the only way to identify potentially eligible students.