TIA's Advisory Board is established by the Joint Venture Agreement (JVA).
The Board advises on the strategic direction of research that is undertaken, in particular providing input from the Tasmanian agricultural private sector. The Board provides input to and endorses TIA's Strategic Plan, prior to its final approval by the Director of TIA.
The Board does not have a role in setting or monitoring day-to-day operations, although Operational Plans are provided to the Board for members’ information.
The Board meets at least three times a year. A current focus of the Board is to work with TIA to progress actions arising from the Government’s RD&E White Paper, Growing Tasmanian Agriculture – Research, Development and Extension for 2050.
The Director of TIA and the Executive Director (Operations) of the College of Sciences and Engineering also attend Advisory Board meetings.
Advisory Board members
University of Tasmania representatives
- Professor Anthony Koutoulis, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- Professor Brian Yates, Dean of the College of Sciences and Engineering
Tasmanian Government representatives
- Mr Jason Jacobi (Acting Chair), Interim Acting Secretary of DPIPWE
- Ms Carole Rodger, Deputy Secretary of DPIPWE
- Dr Davina Gregory-Dunsmuir
- Dr Hazel Mctavish-West
- Mr Marcus Griffin
- Ms Mel Rae