TIA is governed by an Advisory Board comprising of senior representatives from the University of Tasmania, Tasmanian Government, and industry representatives from Tasmania’s agriculture and food sector.
The Board advises on the strategic direction of research, development and extension activities that are undertaken by TIA and contributes to and endorses TIA's Strategic Plan.
The Board meets at least three times a year. A current focus of the Board is to work with TIA to progress actions arising from the Tasmanian Government’s RD&E White Paper, Growing Tasmanian Agriculture – Research, Development and Extension for 2050.
Advisory Board members
University of Tasmania representatives
- Professor Anthony Koutoulis, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- Professor Brian Yates, Dean of the College of Sciences and Engineering
Tasmanian Government representatives
- Mr Tim Baker (Chair), Secretary of DPIPWE
- Ms Deidre Wilson, Deputy Secretary of DPIPWE
- Dr Davina Gregory-Dunsmuir
- Mr Marcus Griffin
- Ms Mel Rae