The Centre for Dairy, Grains and Grazing brings together interrelated research themes to enhance innovation, productivity and sustainability for livestock industries.
The Centre was created in 2017, combining TIA’s Dairy and Extensive Agriculture Centres, to provide a farming systems approach to research.
“We’ve brought together research themes including pasture, supplementary feeding, animal performance and innovative technology,” Dr Rawnsley said.
Areas of expertise
- Improved management of feedbase
- Social research informs extension methods and approach to engagement
- Close engagement with private sector, at all levels of the supply chain
- Research, extension and technical staff
- ~20 postgraduate candidates
Dr Richard Rawnsley, TIA Centre Leader for Dairy Grains and Grazing
Phone: 03 6430 4504