19th Aug 2022 - 29th Aug 2022
Science for the curious and creative!
The Festival of Bright Ideas (FOBI) is a festival with a difference, where you can experience a range of activities and performances that whiz, bang, fly, crawl, swim, and maybe even explode! Located in Princes Wharf 1 in Hobart, FOBI is supported by 50+ local science, tech, engineering, and maths (STEM) affiliated organisations and caters to thousands of curious Tasmanians each year. Come along and see TIA's stand to learn all about "The science behind bugs - why you should love them!"
- Friday 19 August - There is a day just for schools!
- Saturday 20 August – Open to the public, tickets essential due to COVID.
- Audience: EVERYONE! Whether you are a family, couple, individual, or group, you’ll have a great time at FOBI.
- There is usually around 10,000 visitors! Due to restrictions this year, only around 5,500 curious folks.
- Yes, there’s coffee!
- The venue is disability friendly.
- Our event is COVID-Safe.