5th Dec 2019
09:30 am - 03:30 pm
Come along to our Forthside Vegetable Research Farm Open Day, to learn about cover crops, cropping systems and disease management research.
Chuck on some clean boots and tour the Forthside Farm to see the latest research trials, speak with the researchers and hear from leading agronomists.
- Ample parking available
- Lunch is provided
- Please wear clean boots - foot baths will also be provided
09:30 am: Registration
10:00 am: Welcome and Opening Address - Professor Mike Rose, Interim Director TIA, Professor Jim Cavaye, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Cradle Coast, University of Tasmania, Mrs Leonie Hiscutt, Leader of the Government for the Legislative Council.
10:30 am: Resilient cropping systems: some ingredients – Professor Adrian Newton, James Hutton Institute
11:15 am: Powdery scab - new approaches to management - Professor Calum Wilson, TIA
11:35 am: 13 years of cover crop and rotation history – what does this do for our soil health? – Dr Robert Tegg, TIA
12:00 pm: Panel discussion: Leading growers chat with researchers and agronomists on the value of crop rotations and cover crops
12:20 pm: Spray Drone Demo - see it fly!
12:40 pm: FREE BBQ Lunch and Industry trade show
Forthside Farm Walk
- Paddock 14 - dig the dirt, see the crops - Dr Robert Tegg, TIA and Professor Adrian Newton, JHI
- Poppy downy mildew – Timing of infection and where does it come from? - Dr Jason Scott, TIA
- Pyrethrum post harvest disease management - Dr Jason Scott, TIA
- Nitrification Inhibitors in potato crops - Dr Mark Boersma, TIA
- New crops - Dr Mark Boersma,TIA