Published: 2 Jul 2020
What changes occur in vegetable soil following cover crops?
Join Dr Kelvin Montagu from Applied Horticultural Research and Microbial Ecologst, Dr Shane Powell from TIA for a webinar on the impacts of cover crops on soil biology.
DNA sequencing technology allows them to look across soil bacteria, fungi and eukaryotes communities to see what changes occur in vegetable soil following cover crops.
They examine questions including:
- How diverse are biological communities in vegetable soils?
- Do we see differences between sites (Tasmania to Queensland)?
- Do cover crops impact on the microbial communities?
- How do soil properties and management impact on the microbial community?
- What impact do biofumigants have on the soil microbial community?
Watch the webinar: