The topics of police education, of the professionalisation of the police, and the question of partnerships between tertiary institutions and police organisations are more than ever on the global agenda. In Australia, police education has seemingly progressed at a steady pace. These developments necessitate that scholars reflect on accomplishments in the professionalization of the police in Tasmania and worldwide.
Police Education Members
- Research Leader: Dr Isabelle Bartkowiak-Theron
- Members: Dr Romy Winter and Dr Kate Cashman.
- Edmund Rice Tasmania Police project (2020)
- How do police educators' perceptions of young peoples engagement in education inform their instructional practice? (2018).
- Building evidence for the professionalisation of police through high impact teaching and learning: Cementing Tasmania as the international leader in police tertiary education (2017 Teaching Development Grant).
Publications - visit TILES Publications and Reports.