Engagement Transforms 2019 (ET19): Program
Engagement Transforms 2019 (ET19) is an immersive professional learning day focused on engagement in learning. All educators and people working with children and young people, and all those interested in exploring non-formal learning are invited to join us for this event.
- Date: Friday 6 September, 9am-4pm (followed by a networking event)
- Location: University of Tasmania School of Creative Arts and Media, Hunter St, Hobart
Register here: ET19 Registration
Engagement Transforms 2019 (ET19) will provide participants with new experiences and understandings to celebrate strengths-based practices for engagement in formal, informal and nonformal learning. The program is organised around four key opportunities:
- Experience nonformal learning in a fun and hands-on workshop, and reflect on that using a practical framework Roseanna has developed.
- Learn from our esteemed keynote speaker, Prof Roseanna Bourke (Massey University, New Zealand), a world-leading expert on children’s informal learning and implications of this for their formal learning in the classroom
- Hear from young people about their experiences and views of engaging nonformal learning.
- Engage with a wide range of exhibitors in our ‘Engagement in Learning Expo’
Engagement Transforms 2019 Program
Registration desk opens
|10.00 am||Welcome to Country |
Keynote: Prof Roseanna Bourke
|11.00 am||Youth Panel with Prof Roseanna Bourke|
In response to Roseanna’s research, young Tasmanians will offer their insight into their own learning experiences and engagement.
11.45 am to 1.00 pm
|Engagement in Learning Expo|
This expo will showcase and share the knowledge and research of a wide range of exhibitors whose work explores engagement in learning and the power of informal, nonformal and formal learning for children and young people. Details of exhibitors are provided at the link above.
|1.00 pm||CRISPA Framework Workshop|
Prof Roseanna Bourke and Colleagues developed the CRISPA Framework based on students’ voices to encapsulate “the conceptions of informal and everyday learning experienced by the students” in relation to the dimensions of Culture, Relationships, Identity, Strategies, Purpose, Affect/Emotion
|1.30 pm||Engagement in Learning Experiential workshops|
In this session, you will be offered a choice of 5 hands-on activity-based workshops that will challenge you to learn a new skill.
|2.30pm||Sharing the learning|
Participants will reconvene to share what they have learned through engagement in the experiential workshops.
|3.20pm||Review of learning through the CRISPA framework|
Roseanna will facilitate participants to use the CRISPA framework to reflect on their nonformal learning experiences in the workshops, and on how the Framework may be useful in their own contexts with children and young people.
|4.00 pm||Feedback and Announcements|
|4.30 pm – 6.00 pm||Wind Down Drinks|
Following an intense day of learning, we invite you to share a drink and reflections on the day together. Additional tickets for guests who are not participating in the full day's events are available via the registration site.