In Burnie, every convenience is available, without the crowds and traffic. It's a city of creativity and innovation, with the highest number of artists per capita in the country.
Here, you'll have the opportunity to connect with people of all walks of life. Our brand-new West Park apartments front a beautiful beach, so you can hear the waves lapping the sand as you drift off to sleep.
West Park is also undergoing an exciting transformation, with a whole new purpose-built campus coming online in 2021. You could be among the first to access these incredible facilities.
Apply for accommodation
Apply now to become part of our Student Living community.Apply now Enquire now
West Park at a glance
|Site||West Park Apartments|
|Weekly Rate (2021)||$134|
|Meals / Dining||Studio kitchen or communal kitchen|
|Lease length||Year - 42 weeks|
West Park is home to 40 architecturally designed, purpose-built studio apartments, built in February 2015.
They are self-contained with their own kitchen, bathroom and study space overlooking the ocean. You’ll also be the first to live right next door to the brand-new West Park campus, due to be completed in 2021.
- Location: 2-4 Bass Highway, Parklands, Burnie, Tasmania 7320 (10 minutes' walk from city centre)
- Proximity to Cradle Coast campus: 3 minutes' drive (2 km), 15 minutes by bus (Metro route 41) or 31 minutes' walk
- Proximity to Rural Clinical School: 4 minutes' drive (2.3 km), 13 minutes by bus (Metro route 41) or 33 minutes' walk
- Lease term: flexible lease terms, up to 52 weeks
- Rent: $134 per week from 2021
- Bond: 4 weeks' rent to be paid to Service Tasmania
- Availability: Available to domestic and international students who meet the NRAS eligibility requirements
- Inclusions: Stovetop cooker, microwave/convection oven, fridge with freezer compartment, toaster and kettle; queen size bed with mattress and mattress protector; study area and chair
You’ll have access to communal spaces including laundry, social spaces and common rooms throughout the residences, as well as an on-site café and computer lab.
- Power, heating, water and maintenance
- Shared facilities and equipment such as laundry, vacuum cleaners, and common areas
- Connection to university Wi-Fi
You will need to provide:
- Linen, bedding and towels
- Cooking utensils
- Cleaning products and personal hygiene items, including toilet paper
Studio apartments are serviced with wired and wireless network access.
Stay within a few minutes of the University of Tasmania campus, in executive comfort, with sweeping ocean views.
Our pristine, self-contained apartments offer everything you need to work, rest and recharge — plus stunning ocean views and private balconies.
University of Tasmania West Park Apartments, Burnie Executive short-stay accommodation
2–4 Bass Highway,
The Apartments are a short walk to Burnie's CBD, with a great café and gallery space in the Maker's Workshop.
- Central heating and air-conditioning
- Sweeping absolute waterfront views
- Easy parking
- Queen-size bed and luxury linen
- Fully equipped kitchen, with washing machine/tumble dryer
- Spacious bedroom and bathroom
- Dining and lounge areas
- Wi-Fi network access
- Private balcony
- Weekly service
- No minimum stay
|Daily Rate Room Only||$145|
|Daily Rate with Service||$195|
|Weekly Rate Room Only||$760|
|Weekly Rate with Service||$990|
Contact us to book, or if you're a University staff member, please book through the Executive short-stay accommodation (PDF) on the Staff Intranet.
The North West Coast is the Byron of Tassie
Stunning coastlines, ancient rainforests, yoga and shops selling incense and Tibetan prayer flags. Who would have thought?Read the article
If you have any questions about accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.