|Current Member||Name||Term Expires|
|Chair||Mr James Groom||31 December 2021|
|Chancellor||Ms Alison Watkins||Ex officio|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Rufus Black||Ex officio|
|Chair, Audit and Risk Committee||Mr Harvey Gibson||Ex officio|
|Up to two members of Council||Mrs Susan Chen||31 December 2021|
|Up to two external members appointed by Council|
Chair of UTAS Properties Pty Ltd
Chair Investment Advisory Panel
Mr Paul Gregg
Mr Daniel Minihan
|Secretary||Mr Rick Inglis|
Additional attendees including executive management representatives or other experts, external to the University may be invited with the Chair’s permission, to speak to specific agenda items, as necessary.
Terms of Reference
The Strategic Resourcing Committee (SRC) provides advice to Council in relation to the strategic and coordinated deployment of physical and financial resources in order to achieve medium and longer-term strategies that support the University’s mission.
The Committee will consider and advise Council on:
- the status of the University’s longer-term resourcing plan and its linkage to current University strategies.
- resourcing implications of strategies and major projects that are expected to emerge across a 6‑12 month horizon.
- resourcing implications of immediate issues posing a strategic opportunity or threat.
- any other strategic resourcing matters as requested by Council.
The Committee may be called on to convene as required to advise, consider, and provide counsel on immediate issues impacting the strategic direction of the University and/or events/issues that have significant resource implications.
Council may delegate authority to the SRC to make decisions where the urgency and significance requires an immediate decision, with the SRC to report any such decisions to Council as soon as possible thereafter.
Guidance on issues to be considered by the Committee
The SRC will provide an integrated, strategic and whole of University perspective in considering the deployment of resources in accordance with the longer-term strategic direction for the University.
The establishment of the SRC is intended to facilitate consideration of how the University deploys its resources (particularly operating budget, investments and property portfolio) in a coordinated way to deliver on the University’s strategies and achieve its mission over the longer term.
Examples of the issues that the SRC would be expected to consider include:
- Annual reviews of the 5 Year Strategic Plan and Financial Plan, to enable consideration of how the longer-term resourcing plan translates into annual budgets and plans
- Campus masterplans and proposals for major capital projects (+$10m) to enable longer term resourcing implications to be considered and coordinated
- Major initiatives and proposals that impact on the balance sheet and/or involve changes to mode of delivery (this could include large-scale research partnerships like the Newnham Defence Precinct or the Blue Economy CRC, new campus locations or the creation of new enterprises).
- Emerging strategic threats or opportunities which may have a significant impact on the University’s resources (like the impact of COVID-19).
Meeting Dates and Submissions
For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Please discuss any proposed submissions for the committee with the Secretary to the Strategic Resourcing Committee, Rick Inglis.