Understanding Dementia MOOC is a 7-week (formerly 9-week) course offered by the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre, College of Health and Medicine, University of Tasmania. The course builds upon the latest in international research on dementia, drawing upon the expertise of neuroscientists, clinicians, dementia care professionals, family carers and people with dementia.
|Start date||End Date||Duration||Enrolled||Participated||Completed||Completed as a % of enrolled||Completed as a % of participated||Countries represented||Internationals as % of enrolled||International as % of participated||International as % of completed|
|July 2013||29 July 2013||28 October 2013||11 weeks (incl. 2 x 1-week breaks within)||8914||4976||3381||38||68||64||12||12||12|
|March 2014||31 March 2014||30 June 2014||11 weeks (incl. 2-week catch up at end)||15329||7822||5684||37||73||93||28||24||23|
|October 2014||13 October 2014||30 January 2015||16 weeks (incl. 7-week catch up at end)||23377||11241||7907||34||70||124||42||32||34|
|August 2015||17 August 2015||1 December 2015|
15 weeks (incl. 6-week catch up at end)
|28 August 2016||5 December 2016|
|July 2017||25 July 2017||28 October 2017||13 weeks and 5 days||28976|
- Participated. A participant who completes an assessment item in the first unit.
- Completer. A participant who completes the last assessment item.
- Personalised Certificate of Completion with unique identifier provided.
- Technical and pedagogical support provided by Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre/University of Tasmania staff.
- Platform provider is Desire2Learn.