Support for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge are not supported for use with MyLO or its current integrations- such as Turnitin, Respondus and Blackboard Collaborate.
The University of Tasmania recommends using the latest version of any the following browsers for the new MyLO:
- Internet Explorer 9 (note: drag & drop feature is unavailable)
Please note that MyLO may be used on other browsers but we cannot guarantee the functionality will perform as required.
Recommendations by Brightspace
Your system must have Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or greater to use the Record Audio and Record Video features.
|Internet Explorer 11||Supported for 10.3 SP4 or higher|
|Internet Explorer 10||Supported|
|Internet Explorer 9||Supported|
|Internet Explorer 8||Unsupported|
|Firefox 24||Long Term Support|
Recent changes to the most recent release of browsers.
Tablet support for Desktop Web
|Android Browser (newest)||Supported|
|iOS Safari (newest)||Supported|
|Microsoft Surface Internet Explorer 11||Investigation|
|Microsoft Surface Internet Explorer 10||Supported|
|Playbook Browser (newest)||Maintenance|
|iOS 7 (iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5/5C/5S, iPod Touch 4/5, iPad 2/3/4/mini)||Supported|
|iOS 6 (iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod Touch 4/5, iPad 2/3/4/mini)||Supported|
|iOS 5 (Safari 5.1)||Maintenance|
|iOS 4 (iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2)||Unsupported|
|iOS 3 (iPhone, iPod Touch 1)||Unsupported|
|Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)|
|Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)||Supported|
|Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)||Supported|
|Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)||Supported|
|Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)||Maintenance|
|Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)||Maintenance|
|Android 2.2 (Froyo)||Maintenance|
|Android 2.1 (Eclair)||Unsupported|
|Android 1.6 (Donut)||Unsupported|
|Android 1.5 (Cupcake)||Unsupported|
A key of terms explaining Brightspaces' status information is given below:
- The browser is recognized and under consideration by Brightspace, but has not been tested against any versions of Brightspace products and may never be fully supported. This category is mainly used for new browsers that have a significant user base, good vendor support, and are generally considered as candidates for future Brightspace support.
- The browser and operating system combination have been tested by Brightspace.
- The browser is not tested extensively against new versions of Brightspace products, but customers can still report problems and receive support for critical issues with previous versions. Brightspace does not guarantee all issues will be addressed. A browser goes into maintenance either when a vendor officially ends support for it or Brightspace decides to end support for it. A maintenance browser becomes officially unsupported after one year.
- The browser is not tested and no fixes are performed for unsupported browsers. Brightspace does not guarantee any product functionality and offers no support for reported problems. Generally, Brightspace ends support for a browser one year after the associated vendor ends their official support for it.