Support for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge are not necessarily supported for use with MyLO or its current integrations- such as Turnitin, Respondus and Blackboard Collaborate.
The University of Tasmania recommends using the latest version of any the following browsers for MyLO:
Please note that MyLO may be used on other browsers but we cannot guarantee the functionality will perform as required.
Recommendations by Brightspace
D2L( Brightspace) is committed to performing key application testing when new browser versions are released. However, due to the frequency of some browser releases, D2L cannot guarantee that each browser version will perform as expected. If you encounter any issues with any of the browser versions listed in the tables below, contact D2L Support, who will determine the best course of action for resolution. Reported issues are prioritized by supported browsers and then maintenance browsers.
Supported browsers are the latest or most recent browser versions that are tested against new versions of D2L products. Customers can report problems and receive support for issues. For an optimal experience, D2L recommends using supported browsers with D2L products.
Maintenance browsers are older browser versions that are not tested extensively against new versions of D2L products. Customers can still report problems and receive support for critical issues; however, D2L does not guarantee all issues will be addressed. A maintenance browser becomes officially unsupported after one year.
Note the following:
- For desktop systems, you must have Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or greater.
- The Brightspace Daylight Experience features are now optimized for production environments when using the Google Chrome browser, Apple Safari browser, Microsoft Edge browser, Microsoft Internet Explorer browser, and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Supported Browser Version(s)
Maintenance Browser Version(s)
Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
Latest, ESR ( Extended Support Release)
Tablet and Mobile Support
Supported Browser Version(s)
The current major version of iOS (the latest minor or point release of that major version) and the previous major version of iOS (the latest minor or point release of that major version). For example, as of June 7, 2017, D2L supports iOS 10.3.2 and iOS 9.3.5, but not iOS 10.2.1, 9.0.2, or any other version.
What kinds of files can I use for course content?
HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
Brightspace Learning Environment strips the <title> tag and text within the tag from user created web documents
RTF, PPT, PPS, PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPTX, XML, XLS, TXT, WPD
JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF
SWF, MPG, MPEG, RM, MP3, MP4, M4V, M4A, AVI, WAV, RAM, ASF, MOV, RA
The extensions MP4, M4V, and M4A allow users to drag entire albums, video podcasts, and movies from iTunes
A key of terms explaining Brightspaces' status information is given below:
- The browser is recognised and under consideration by Brightspace, but has not been tested against any versions of Brightspace products and may never be fully supported. This category is mainly used for new browsers that have a significant user base, good vendor support, and are generally considered as candidates for future Brightspace support.
- The browser and operating system combination have been tested by Brightspace.
- The browser is not tested extensively against new versions of Brightspace products, but customers can still report problems and receive support for critical issues with previous versions. Brightspace does not guarantee all issues will be addressed. A browser goes into maintenance either when a vendor officially ends support for it or Brightspace decides to end support for it. A maintenance browser becomes officially unsupported after one year.
- The browser is not tested and no fixes are performed for unsupported browsers. Brightspace does not guarantee any product functionality and offers no support for reported problems. Generally, Brightspace ends support for a browser one year after the associated vendor ends their official support for it.