What is Discover Course Catalog?
The Discover Course Catalog displays a list of active non-award and development units and programs within MyLO, enabling you to self-enrol in units which will help with your studies and professional development while at the University of Tasmania. To request that a unit appears within the Discover Course Catalog for students or staff to self-enrol in, follow the instructions on this page.
How to Self-Enrol via Discover Course Catalog
Check the Discover Course Catalog for non-award units if you do not have access to them in MyLO. From here you can enrol in the unit yourself and have immediate access. The Discover Course Catalog has a number of units for staff and students including Getting Started in MyLO, Turnitin and Academic Honesty, and the Work , Health and Safety unit.
- Log in to MyLO. On the Navigation bar there will be a line called Discover Course Catalog. Press on this.
- A range of units will be available for you to enrol in, such as Work Health and Safety, Turnitin and Academic Integrity and the Getting Started in MyLO unit.
- To enrol in a unit, you can press any tile, or use the search function to find a specific unit. This will bring up more information regarding the unit. Press on Enrol in Course.
- You will receive an on-screen confirmation message once you have enrolled. You will have immediate access to the unit from within the Discover tool by selecting Open Course.
- You will also be able to access this unit via the My Units Widget, by selecting the appropriate semester, or by using the search function within the Select a Unit Waffle in the navigation bar. Pin the unit if you want to be able to access the unit easily.