Attendance records for tutorials, practicals, workshops and lectures can be entered directly into MyLO.
To take attendance for groups smaller than the whole class, such as a tutorial class, it is best to have these groups set up in MyLO. Before taking attendance, a register needs to have been created
|None||No attendance status recorded|
Attendance Registers page
- From the Unit Home pull down the Assessments menu and select Attendance.
- Click on an Attendance Register
- If there are no registers listed you may have to make one.
Attendance Data page
- Click the Attendance Icon next to the session name you want to work on.
Set Attendance Data page
- If your students are divided into groups it may be easier to mark attendance per group.
- Change the View By to Groups (then click Apply)
- Select a group (then click Apply)
- By default the system only lists 20 student per page. Change this to 200 per page so that everyone is listed.
- Assuming most students attended the session with only a few absent, it's easier to set the status for everyone at once then change it for a few.
- Select all the students by ticking the box above the first column of the student table. This automatically ticks all the boxes.
- Click Set Status
- The Set Status for Selected Users box pops up.
- Change the status to P (for present)
- Click Save.
- Find the students who didn't attend the session and change their attendance status to A (for absent)
- When you are happy with your changes click Save
- Click Close.
Attendance Data (again)
- The attendance data for the session you just marked is now shown.