Checklists are a way of highlighting important assignments, readings, skills, tasks and other learning students are expected to complete or achieve.
Items in a checklist can be presented all at once, or can be set up such that new items appear as others are checked off. Once all boxes are checked, the system recognises the checklist as completed, which can then be the trigger for release of further content and activities. Sign-off on individual items can also be a trigger for such release.
When a checklist is added to Content, you can control its visibility through the Published/Draft options, and set date restrictions (start/end/due dates).
Creating a Checklist
Option One: New Checklist via Checklist page.
- From the Unit Home, pull down the Assessment menu and select Checklist.
- Click New Checklist.
Option Two: New Checklist via the unit's content.
- Click Content on the Unit's homepage.
- Select a module under the Table of Contents.
- Click the Upload/Create button and select New Checklist.
New Checklist page
- Enter a name for the new checklist
- Enter a description if required.
- Click Save
Edit Checklist page
- Add some Categories
- For example:
- Tasks for completion by week’s end
- Specific skills to be mastered
- Specific learning objectives to be met
- Readings to be completed
- Milestones to be achieved
- Assignments and reports due.
- For example:
- Add Items
- Each item is assigned to a category
- Items can have a Due Date
- Optional: Click the Restrictions tab to add a release condition
- Checklists can be released to students immediately or on a weekly basis, prior to a significant activity or after significant milestones in a unit, such as completion of a module.
- Click Save and Close when you are finished.
Viewing a student's progress through a checklist
- From the Unit Home, select Classlist
- Pull down the action arrow beside a student and select View Progress.
Progress Summary page
- Select Checklist from the list on the left.
- The student's Checklist Progress is displayed.