Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast
This unit is being phased out and may not be offered next year, please consider your study plan accordingly. You will be able to enrol in the unit where there is an availability noted below.
|Unit name||Experiencing Science|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
1. Use science inquiry skills to conduct, analyse and communicate experiments
2. Evaluate, with reference to collected data and resources, claims about concepts in science
3. Create scientific reports with appropriate sections, language and conventions that conform to a specified style
4. Articulate a working knowledge of scientific concepts applicable to experiments conducted
Two hour workshop and two hour practical per week.
AT1: Portfolio (25%)
AT2: Report Sections (15%)
AT3: Report Full (20%)
AT4: Individual Project Report (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
No required text.
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.