Newnham is a spacious campus overlooking the stunning Tamar River. It's also just a short drive to Launceston's city centre. Home to the Australian Maritime College, Newnham offers world-leading marine simulation and teaching facilities.
Our Inveresk Campus is conveniently located near the inner city, alongside the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery. It’s home to the School of Creative Arts and Media, School of Architecture and Design, as well as the Inveresk Apartments.
Launceston offers a vibrant blend of culture, nature, and industry. At Student Living, you’ll access affordable rent and a community of creative and curious minds. You can stay in the heart of the city, or right on campus.
Services and facilities
- The WalkCafé - The Walk is a contemporary, licensed café that offers a range of hot and cold drinks, and a wide variety of food options.
- Saltz Café Restaurant - Saltz offers contemporary dining in a relaxed environment, and is located within the Australian Maritime College (AMC). Saltz is open seven days a week and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a $10 all-you-can-eat special each Friday. View the current Saltz Menu (Facebook).
- The Grove - The Grove staff lounge is located on Newnham Drive. It is open daily for coffee, morning tea and lunch. The Grove and meeting room are also available for UTAS and private functions. For meeting room bookings and queries, please contact Craig Digney.
- Uni Hair Salon offers very affordable haircuts, colours and styling for men and women.
Phone: +61 3 6324 3710
- The Launceston Campus Library has a huge range of printed and electronic information resources to help you with your studies. For more information, visit the Library website.
- Some library learning hubs offer 24-hour access. However, access to the libraries varies depending on the academic year. Please check the current Library opening hours.
Phone: +61 3 6324 3276
- The University Shop and Post Office (located in the Union Building) sells a range of items including snack foods, newspapers, clothing and memorabilia.
Phone: +61 3 6324 3766
New Inveresk Precinct
We are currently building an exciting new campus in Launceston. This will be a vibrant place where the University, community, schools and businesses can connect and collaborate. The first of our new buildings will be open in 2022.Learn more about the Inveresk Precinct