University should be an unforgettable experience that changes the way you see the world. That's why we encourage you to explore beyond the classroom and take part in the social opportunities on offer.
You can connect with new people through events, sports, volunteering opportunities, and more.
Our dedicated Student Portal makes it easy to get the information you need, when you need it. From career guidance to counselling, learning support, university news to upcoming events, you'll gain automatic access to the portal upon accepting your offer.
When you become a student with us, you get access to confidential and professional counselling, both in person and online. These services are available for those experiencing academic, mental health and personal concerns. Counsellors can also help to connect the wider community with specialist services.
In the meantime, if you need support, follow the link below.
We offer a range of programs and resources to help you thrive at university. These include training in time management, effective researching, assignment writing, and more. Our support services include:
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) - student led study groups for specific units.
- Student Advisers - one-on-one specialised support to help stay on track
- Learning workshops and webinars - live and pre-recorded sessions across a range of topics
- 24 Hour Study Support - Live chat anytime (literally 24/7) with subject matter experts for assignment feedback
- Learning Lounge - drop in and talk with other students and peer mentors
Getting career advice while you're at university eases the transition from study to work. We can assist you in:
- making decisions about your career,
- finding work while you're studying, and
- connecting you with employers.
We believe that finances should never be a barrier to university. To help students, we offer hundreds of scholarships, bursaries and prizes. You can even apply for multiple scholarships in one simple application.Find out more
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
The Riawunna Centre team is focused on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student success. They provide a culturally welcoming space for students to study, access academic and cultural support, and be a part of a dynamic community.
Safe and Fair Community Unit
This is a university-wide service providing support, advice and information to keep everyone in our community safe and well. A safe and respectful University community is everybody's responsibility.
We are here to listen, provide information and advice regarding your options and support, and where appropriate, will facilitate actions to assist you with your situation.
We respond to notifications of sexual assault or sexual harassment, concerns raised in relation to wellbeing or behaviour, reports of misconduct and the lodgement of general concerns or complaints.
Campus safety and security
Campus Security is available day and night to deal with any security or safety concerns.
Contacts for all campuses
- For emergencies, telephone the police, fire brigade and ambulance on 000 immediately.
- Urgent security matters: T: +61 3 6226 7600
- Email the Security Control Room at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our community, like others around the world, has been adapting to the impacts of COVID-19. This has been a challenging period, and we realise that it has been disruptive and stressful for students.