Courses & Units
Sculpture & Time-Based Media 2A FSF218
Sculpture and Time-Based Media (STBM) 2A is focussed on Activating and Immersive Environments through studio-based creative exploration and investigation of historical precursors and current practice and related discourse.
Second year STBM involves deep engagement with objects, making processes, electronic and time-based media such as those concerning moving image, sound and performance.
STBM 2A will facilitate self-directed enquiry to expand your capacity to think, make, listen, reflect, and learn through imaginative investigative approaches to creative practice. You will explore combinations of sculpture, installation and electronic and time-based media. Study of this unit will develop skills in the use of space, sculpture, construction, moving image, sound, animation, performance and projection.
Staff and technicians will support self-directed investigations. You will work alone and in collaboration with others, learn to critique and contextualise new and traditional techniques and diverse approaches to contemporary art practice in STBM. You will apply appropriate safe work practices.
|Unit name||Sculpture & Time-Based Media 2A|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
|Coordinator||Doctor Steven Carson|
|Available as an elective?|
|Delivered By||Delivered wholly by the provider|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2021 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2021 will be available from the 1st October 2020. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Develop sculpture, time based media and installation skills and techniques in relation to evolving and immersive environments, with a focus on process
- Explore diverse approaches to¿sculpture, time based media and installation in relation to evolving and immersive environments, with a focus on process
- Evaluate¿your experience and outcomes in relation to the¿broader disciplines¿of¿sculpture, time based media and installation, with a focus on process
- Identify and follow WHS practices relevant to sculpture and time based media techniques, materials, equipment and workspaces.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
PrerequisitesFXX1XX Sculpture and Time-Based Media 1; FSS111 Sculpture 1; FSE111 Time Based Media 1
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:FSE214 |FSS214
|Assessment||Portfolio (50%)|Presentation (20%)|Critique (30%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.