|Unit name||Introduction to French 1B|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Discipline||Global Cultures and Languages|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
TNE Program units special approval requirements.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Understand and use very basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs.
- Introduce yourself and ask others questions about personal details.
- Interact simply as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
- Recognise and conjugate verbs from the three main conjugation groups.
- Distinguish the gender of commonly used nouns
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
A sequenced, on-going progressive assessment based on quizzes; a group project presentation; listening, writing and reading assessments. The basic language skills are evaluated equally as follows: speaking (20%), listening (20%), writing (20%), reading (20%) and quizzes (20%).
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Information about any textbook requirements will be available from mid November.
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.