The Launceston Campus Library is located at Newnham Drive, Newnham, Launceston
The Launceston Campus Library is located near the Sir Raymond Ferrall Centre - Newnham Campus Map (PDF 404.1 KB)
Phone: +61 3 6324 3276
In order to adhere to Government guidelines strict occupancy limits are applied in all libraries that are open. Opening hours may change so please continue to check this page or Latest Library News and FAQs
The Launceston Campus Library is open with the strict occupancy limit of 250 people at any one time.
Until further notice opening hours are: Monday to Friday from 8.45am to 5.00pm
There is no 24/7 access
There is no 24/7 access to the Launceston Campus Library until further notice
What kind of access will I have?
24/7 access to the Learning Hub area on Level 1, including the group rooms and the landing of level 2, plus access to computers and online Library resources. The card will also give you access to the 24/7 Learning Hub in the Raymond Ferrall Building.
What are the security arrangements?
- Security patrols and CCTV cameras.
- Security can be contacted via the red phone outside Group Study Room 1 on Level 1
- To contact Security using your mobile phone the number is +61 3 6324 3336.
- A Help Point is located directly outside the Launceston Campus Library front entrance.
What do I need to do?
- Get a free UTAS access card. When applying for the card you agree to keep it secure and safe; it is for personal use only (you are not permitted to allow any other person to use the card) and it is really important to report the card if it is lost or stolen. [Note: Charges apply for replacement cards.]
- Have both your UTAS student ID card and access card with you at all times while in the library.
To obtain an Access Card
|Research Librarians||Student Learning Librarians|
|Reading Lists Services|
Reading List Officer
Ph +61 3 6324 3148