Video Note is available to you as a lecturer everywhere that an HTML editor appears (Announcements, Content - when Creating a File, and in topic and module Descriptions, Discussions, Assignments, Quizzes etc).
Once you have created a Video Note you will be able to locate and reuse it anywhere in MyLO using Video Note Search. (You will only have access to your own Video Notes)
N.B. Video Note will not enable direct recording from a mobile device (i.e. phone, tablet), although it does enable uploading of a video file from these devices.
Create and insert a video note in HTML Editor
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click Video Note.
- When the Flash player prompts you to allow camera and microphone access, click Allow.
- Click New Recording and record your video. Click Stop Recording when you finish recording.
- To preview your video note, click the Play icon.
- If you want to re-record, click New Recording. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Next.
- Enter a title and description of your video note. Text you provide in these fields becomes searchable when using Video Note Search.
- Click Next. After this step your video note saves to Video Note Search. If you have permission to search and insert video notes, you can reuse this video in the future.
- You can preview the video note before you insert it.
- Click Insert.