Using Universal Capture - Personal in Offline Mode
The Universal Capture - Personal desktop application provides the ability for people to choose to work offline. You might want to consider working offline to prevent automatic publishing of a capture right after recording or avoid using your data plan to record and publish.
- Working Offline means that I never want UC to attempt to connect to the internet, regardless of whether or not it can.
Working Online means that I want UC to attempt to connect to the internet whenever it detects a valid internet connection.
How is Working Offline different from being offline due to not having an internet connection?
- To see the option to work offline, you first need to connect to the internet and log in to Universal Capture - Personal. From this point on, you can choose to work offline at any time when not actively capturing, regardless of internet connectivity.
If you are simply not connected to the internet, you can start recording without logging in.
- When working offline, the application will not attempt to upload any recordings until you manually switch to working online again (or log out).
If you are working online but not connected to the internet, UC will automatically attempt to upload recordings in the background as soon as there is a valid connection.
- When working offline, the only publishing location available will be your Library.
If you are working online but not connected to the internet, you will see a cached list of your available sections as publishing options.
Switch between working Offline or Working Online:
- Launch Universal Capture.
- Click into the Universal Capture menu:
- Echo360 Capture on a Mac.
- Help on a Windows machine.
- Click Work Offline or Work Online.
You will know that you are working offline when you see the Working Offline indicator in the bottom right hand corner of Universal Capture - Personal.
Please note that if you are working online, but have no internet connection, you will see "Not Connected" instead of "Working Offline".
For further information please see https://learn.echo360.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035408311-Working-Offline-with-UC-Personal