The five principal areas of research strength at UMORE are health informatics, anticoagulant drug therapy, medication reviews, chronic disease management and quality use of medicines.
- Health informatics: using information and communications technology to improve health care delivery.
- Anticoagulant drug therapy: improving the use of warfarin, and enabling patients to better monitor and manage their conditions.
- Medication reviews: medication reviews by pharmacists can help to identify and resolve drug-related problems to promote the quality use of medicines.
- Chronic disease management: improving the management and outcomes of chronic diseases such as asthma, cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Quality use of medicines: drug usage evaluation studies focusing on using medicines safely and effectively.