What services are offered by Mercury Walch?
- digital and offset mono and full-colour printing
- large-format poster printing and laminating
- thesis printing and binding
- a range of binding options: thermal, case, wiro, comb, perfect and saddle stitch
- specialist printing such as envelopes, stickers, packaging and banners
- mail-out services
- warehousing for high volume printed materials such as stationery and marketing collateral.
Is the new printer based on campus?
No. Staff and students can order online, via email or over the phone (see details below). There is a daily delivery to campus via the University’s internal mail system. Representatives from Mercury Walch are available to assist staff with any print-related queries.
How do staff access print services?
Can staff order printing via PurchaseNow?
Yes. See the staff print information page (staff access only).
How do students access print services?
- Student requests a quote via the student quote request form for general printing or the thesis binding request form for theses.
- Mercury Walch emails through a price for printing plus a link to upload files and pay for printing. (Payments can be made via credit card online, direct debit or by cash over the counter at Mercury Walch.)
- Student pays for printing and uploads files.
- Mercury Walch emails student when print order despatched.
- Printed items are delivered to the TUU Contact Centre, the Cradle Coast Student Centre, the Rozelle campus reception, or to the address specified in the request for quote form.
Students can request that their print orders be delivered to the TUU Contact Centre at Sandy Bay or Newnham, the Cradle Coast Student Centre, or the Rozelle campus (NSW) reception and then collect them from the there. There is no delivery fee for deliveries to the above locations.
Students can also request that print orders be delivered to their home address. Deliveries to home addresses will incur a delivery fee.
What if I'm a student and I just want to print out one or two pages?
The copying and printing account system (MyPrint) is available on campus for students to use printers and photocopiers located around campus. Go to MyPrint page for more information.
What about unit readers and lab manuals for students?
A selection of student unit-readers and lab manuals are printed by Mercury Walch and are available for purchase on campus at Co-op Bookshop.
For lecturers and administration staff who are preparing student readers and lab manuals for sale to students, please see the print service information for staff page (staff access only)
What about thesis printing?
Mercury Walch offers full printing and case binding services for University theses.
- Request a quote via the thesis binding request form
- Mercury Walch will email through a price for printing plus a link to upload files and pay for printing. Payments can be made via credit card online, direct debit or by cash over the counter at Mercury Walch.
- The printed thesis will be delivered to the TUU Contact Centre or to the address specified in the thesis binding request form
For information on file set-up, contact Mercury Walch.
How is examination printing managed?
Mercury Walch is classified as a security printer and has been producing secure products for over 30 years. The University’s Examinations Office has worked with Mercury Walch to develop a process for the secure printing and delivery of examinations and academic transcripts.
How is the new service managed?
Infrastructure Services and Development (ISD) manages the Mercury Walch contract via the ‘contract owner’ model, similar to other ISD services such as grounds, security and cleaning. A range of performance indicators will ensure the services are maintained to a high level.
Where can I provide feedback about the new service?
Please contact Infrastructure Services and Development via their online feedback form