This unit provides you with an in-depth analysis of the principles of corporate finance. Throughout the semester you will examine:
- risk management structure, dividend policy and capital expenditure decisions;
corporate acquisitions and restructuring;
- alternative funding mechanisms;
- securities and securities markets with an emphasis on pricing, investment characteristics and, importantly, their use by corporations to manage risk; and
- current issues of interest in global corporate finance.
|Unit name||Corporate Finance|
|Faculty/School||Tasmanian School of Business & Economics (TSBE)
|Discipline||Economics and Finance|
Mohammad Abu Sayeed
Mohammad Abu Sayeed
|Available as student elective?||Yes|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Hobart||Semester 1||On-Campus||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2018 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2018 will be available from the 1st October 2017.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|3||2017: $1,324.00||2017: $2,055.00||091901|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
BEA140 AND BFA208 OR BFA281-A
1 x 2 hour lecture, 1 x 1 hour workshop per week.
Please check the unit outline for details.
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
lease check the unit outline for details.
Co-op Bookshop links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.