Chair (Chancellor, ex officio)
|The Hon. Michael Field AC||31 December 2015|
|Deputy Chancellor||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2015|
|If there is only 1 Deputy Chancellor, the Chair of Audit & Risk Committee||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2015|
|Chair of Finance Committee||Mr Paul Gregg||31 December 2015|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Peter Rathjen||31 December 2018|
|Secretary||Ms Belinda Webster|
|Attendees (as appropriate)|
Chief Operating Officer
Director Human Resources
Mr David Clerk
Mr Chris Smyth
Terms of Reference
- making recommendations to Council on appointment, extension and removal of the Vice-Chancellor
- setting Vice-Chancellor remuneration (within bands approved by Council) and undertaking performance management of the Vice-Chancellor
- appointment, extension and removal of the Provost, the Deputy Vice-Chancellors and the Chief Operating Officer, unless the Chancellor decides otherwise in any particular case
- setting remuneration of the Provost, the Deputy Vice-Chancellors and the Chief Operating Officer, within bands approved by Council
- making recommendations to Council on parameters for Enterprise Bargaining and on approval of the final agreement
- considering and recommending to Council nominations for appointment to any position to which Council appoints, other than to Council itself (appointments to Council itself are considered by the extended nominations committee set up for that purpose).
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Belinda Webster, University Secretary and Secretary to the Remuneration and Nominations Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB).
Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.