This unit is being phased out, no new enrolments are being taken.
Early childhood educators need particular leadership and management strategies to participate effectively in shared decision-making for the development of high quality programs and services for all stakeholders. This involves knowing how leadership and management structures and styles, including policy procedures and requirements, impact on programs and service provision. Creating collegial, collaborative and supportive working environments for all stakeholders is therefore critical in building capacity and leading teams competently. This knowledge helps individuals to build on the skills and dispositions necessary in becoming effective leaders and managers in early childhood services.
|Unit name||Leadership and Management in Early Childhood Services|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Coordinator||Doctor Bronwyn Reynolds|
|Available as an elective?||No|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2024 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2024 will be available from the 1st October 2023. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- discuss various leadership and management styles and dimensions.
- evaluate the different qualities and strategies for effective leadership and management.
- consolidate sound processes essential for effective team building and capacity, through shared understandings and visions.
- review different approaches used in conflict situations.
- communicate different issues concerning advocacy in early childhood.
- incorporate a range of perspectives, synthesise information and reference according to the APA style of formatting.
The 2024 Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) rates are still being finalised by the Government and we will update the domestic fee information as soon as we have more details.
|Assessment||Discussion Posts (online) (10%)|Essay (40%)|Portfolio (50%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.