Builds on the competency achieved by students in HEF315, providing further training in selected topics in French grammar and in translation.
|Unit name||French Language 3B|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Discipline||Global Cultures and Languages|
|Coordinator||Doctor Billy Badger|
|Available as an elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Recognise, analyse and use a wider range of grammatical structures in written and spoken French
- Understand and produce written and spoken French in order to develop convincing and coherent arguments
- Use monolingual and bilingual dictionaries to search for meanings, synonyms and nuances of meaning
- Use complex sentence structures in several tenses for prose writing
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the major themes and materials explored in this unit
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Test or quiz (15%)|Test or quiz (15%)|Examination - invigilated (centrally) (50%)|Examination - oral/viva voce (10%)|Examination - oral/viva voce (10%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.