Courses & Units
Advanced Language Study: Ancient Greek A HTL302
|Unit name||Advanced Language Study: Ancient Greek A|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Humanities
|Discipline||History and Classics|
|Coordinator||Doctor Graeme Miles|
|Available as an elective?||Yes|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2023 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2023 will be available from the 1st October 2022. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Memorise and apply a small body of the most common ancient Greek vocabulary;
- Identify and reproduce the patterns of case-endings used by ancient Greek nouns, and the patterns of personal endings used by ancient Greek verbs in the indicative mood;
- Recall and explain the rules which govern the formation of simple ancient Greek sentences (i.e. without subordinate clauses);
- Translate adapted passages of simple ancient Greek into English.
- Interpret ancient Greek of the classical era (5th-4th centuries BCE) with basic awareness of its cultural context.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
If you have any questions in relation to the fees, please contact UConnect or more information is available on StudyAssist.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Test or quiz (10%)|Examination - invigilated (centrally) (30%)|Assignment (60%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.