This unit will introduce the student to various leadership evaluation approaches and leadership impact through critical reflection. Students will engage with a variety of evaluation methodologies and tools suitable for evaluating self, others and projects.
|Unit name||Leadership in Practice|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing
|Coordinator||Ms Jo Jones|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Identify a variety of evaluation methodologies and approaches and their application to practice
- Generate evidence that further contributes to organisation wide transformational change and ongoing Practice Development
- Use and interpret performance data and information to demonstrate the impact and outcomes of your practice innovation
- Recognise leadership impact through well-developed judgement and critical reflection of the complexities.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
|Assessment||Facilitated Discussion. (20%)|Project Evaluation Plan. (40%)|Critical Reflective Essay (40%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
There are no required texts for this unit.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.