This unit is experiential and practice focussed. The emphasis is on extending the students leadership capabilities through contextualised project work.
Students will develop a portfolio which captures a variety of artefacts to demonstrate engagement with Practice Development and leadership principles.
|Unit name||Leadership in Professional Practice Environments|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing
|Coordinator||Doctor Kathryn Terry|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
|Launceston||Semester 2||Off-Campus||International International||Domestic Domestic|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a practice issue and develop a plan of engagement.
- Justify the rationale for the proposed change to be implemented.
- Critically analyse and apply evidence to evaluate multidisciplinary. collaborations, which influence practice change and/or improvement.
- Communicate evidence- based knowledge and skills to others.
- Identify, explore and analyse the factors that affect the selection, acceptance and sustainability of your project.
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
PrerequisitesCNA417 OR CNA425
Individual Study – This unit is offered fully online via MyLO (My Learning Online). You are expected to devote around 20 hours per week to the study materials, assessment tasks and self-directed learning.
|Assessment||Project Plan (40%)|Review of the Evidence (20%)|Scoping Paper (40%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.