An incident just happened – what should I do?
Follow the information and instructions relating to the incident as outlined in our Emergency Procedures
You can read our Emergency Procedures in the Flipping Book above, or download a copy by clicking the download arrow icon next to the printer icon.
If you would like a printed hard-copy of our Emergency Procedures, please email Alan.Mason@utas.edu.au.
Informing others and logging the incident
If you are a UTAS staff member, please advise your supervisor, faculty head and/or People & Wellbeing.
Please lodge an incident report using the University’s incident reporting system, MySAFETY. This will ensure that appropriate area/s are informed about the incident.
For more information about reporting incidents and hazards, see the MySAFETY page.
Building Wardens Training
Evacuation guides and checklists
- Evacuation procedures for persons with a disability (Word 77.3KB)
- Building Evacuation Checklist template (word 70KB)
- Evacuation checklist – Burnie (PDF 67.4KB)
- Evacuation checklist – Southern (PDF 67.6KB)
- Evacuation checklist – Northern (PDF 67.5KB)
- Evacuation checklist - Rozelle (PDF 41.1KB)
- Procedures for evacuation of buildings (PDF 200.9KB)
- COVID-19 Building Closure Procedure (PDF 81.0KB)