|Chair (Chancellor, ex officio)||The Hon. Michael Field AC||31 December 2020|
|Deputy Chancellor||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2021|
|Chair of Finance Committee||Mr James Groom||31 December 2021|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Rufus Black||28 February 2023|
|Secretary||Mr Alastair McDougall|
|Attendees (as appropriate):|
Chief Operating Officer
Mr David Clerk
- making recommendations to Council on appointment, extension and removal of the Vice-Chancellor
- setting Vice-Chancellor remuneration (within bands approved by Council) and undertaking performance management of the Vice-Chancellor
- appointment, extension and removal of the Provost, the Deputy Vice-Chancellors and the Chief Operating Officer, unless the Chancellor decides otherwise in any particular case
- setting remuneration of the Provost, the Deputy Vice-Chancellors and the Chief Operating Officer, within bands approved by Council
- making recommendations to Council on parameters for Enterprise Bargaining and on approval of the final agreement
- considering and recommending to Council nominations for appointment to any position to which Council appoints, other than to Council itself (appointments to Council itself are considered by the extended nominations committee set up for that purpose).
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Alastair McDougall, Executive Director University Governance and Secretary to the Remuneration and Nominations Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB). Please email them to Alastair.McDougall@utas.edu.au or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.