How do I determine how much my student contribution or tuition fees are?
Student contribution or tuition fees will be invoiced to you automatically via eStudent once you have enrolled in the units you wish to study.
To view your invoice, login to your eStudent, and click on the Email My Tax Invoice button under the Finance tab.
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
The Fees Unit coordinate the invoicing and collection of this fee only. We can answer all your questions in regards to your SSAF invoice and the payment of this fee.
Please note: SSAF is currently incorporated into the annual rate for International students. A separate SSAF charge does not apply to International students in 2017.
Other Fees & Charges
Text books, Stationery, Levies and other requirements
- This will vary depending on the course and units you enrol in. We recommend you allow approximately $1000 for a full time study load for text books and stationery.
- For some courses, students will be required to purchases other supplies, e.g. stethoscope, clothing for professional experience placements, scientific calculators, safety equipment i.e. goggles, laboratory coats etc.
Please contact your course or unit co-ordinator for further information on requirements and details of costs prior to purchasing any additional equipment
- Excursions – please contact your faculty for further details
- Levies may include costs for materials etc. Please contact your course or unit co-ordinator for further details
- Scientific Diving – please see Course and Unit Information for details - www.utas.edu.au/courses/cse/units/ksm306-scientific-diving
- Students can request a review of an assessment – for details of costs and how to apply, please go to www.utas.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/314622/Review-of-Assessment.pdf
- Students enrolled at other institutions who wish to sit examinations at The University of Tasmania will be charged a fee. For details please go to www.utas.edu.au/exams/examinations-for-students-enrolled-at-other-institutions
- Students and visitors are permitted to park in designated car parking areas only. For details of parking available on campuses and costs, please go to www.utas.edu.au/campus-services/parking
- Students who are required to have their language ability assessed and need to sit an IELTS Exam will be charged a fee. For details on how to apply and costs for IELTS exam, please go to www.utas.edu.au/international/studying/english-language-courses/ielts/apply-for-ielts-exam
- Some campuses at the University of Tasmania offer child care services, for more information on facilities and costs, please go to www.utas.edu.au/campuses and click on the relevant campus
- Students who borrow books from the library and return them late or not at all will be fined. For details on costs for returning books late or lost books, please go to www.utas.edu.au/library/access-borrow/borrow
- International students applying for the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery must pay an application fee when submitting an application. For details of costs, please go to www.utas.edu.au/international/studying/courses2/medicine/bachelor-of-medicine-and-bachelor-of-surgery
- Student fees cover the cost of short courses that need to be completed in order for students to be eligible for their Oral Examination. Students receive short course certificates when the courses are successfully completed and they also receive an AMSA completion statement, there is no additional charge for the certificates. However, to receive an AMSA Certificate of Competency (CoC) student must be eligible to sit an Oral Examination and the additional fees are payable directly to AMSA. For more details on the costs associated with AMSA certification and registration, please go to the AMSA website at www.amsa.gov.au
- SSAF – International students are not required to pay a separate fee for Student Services and Amenities. These charges are incorporated in the annual rate paid by international students
- International students who have exceptional circumstances can apply for a payment plan to pay their tuition fees. Commencing students are not able to accept an offer with a payment plan. For details on eligibility criteria and costs, please go to www.utas.edu.au/fees/forms-and-files
- Students who have had their enrolment cancelled due to non-payment of fees can apply for reinstatement. For details on procedures and costs, please go to www.utas.edu.au/fees/forms-and-files
- Students requesting a refund will incur charges for refunds to international bank accounts. Students requesting a refund may also be liable for other fees depending on when they withdraw or if their enrolment is cancelled due to non-compliance. For information relating to refund administration fees, please go to www.utas.edu.au/international/accepting/refund-policy
Academic Transcripts and Completion Letters
- Students can request copies of their Academic Transcripts and/or Completion Letters from the Exams Office. For details on how to apply and costs, please go to www.utas.edu.au/exams/exam-and-results-forms
- A range of accommodation options are available for students studying at any of the University of Tasmania campuses throughout the state. For details on accommodation options and costs, please go to http://www.accommodation.utas.edu.au/future-residents/fees