Before you can determine how much your fees will be you must find out what type of Fee Structure (Commonwealth Supported or Full Fee) paying applies to you and determine your Fee Type (see below).

The information below is designed to help you understand the different types of fee structures, including the eligibility of HECS and then show you how to estimate your fees for enrolment in the applicable academic year.

Fee Structure

Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF)

It is a legislative requirement that you complete a CAF if you want to take up a Commonwealth supported place. To complete an eCAF log in to your eStudent, and click on the Commonwealth Assistance tab.

If you use HECS-Help and defer your fees, you will need to include your Tax File Number (TFN).

Even if you pay your fees up-front or have a full scholarship, you still need to complete a CAF but you don’t need to include your TFN.

Important! Failure to complete a CAF can result in cancellation of your enrolment.

Calculating your Student Contribution or Tuition Fees

To calculate or check you have been charged correctly you need to know:

  • your Fee Type - this is determined by whether  you are in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or Full Fee Paying place (FFP), as described above, and
  • the year you commenced your degree, and
  • your enrolment study load or credit points and how this will affect a units fees.

How to Pay

To find out how to pay your tuition fees please refer to How to Pay.