Whether you are interested in doing one or two units of study for personal interest or extending your qualifications with a new degree (undergraduate or postgraduate coursework), UTAS is offering HECS scholarships to members of our Alumni, covering tuition fees for up to 25% study load during 2014 in any Commonwealth Supported program.
What can I study?
The Alumni HECS Scholarships apply to Commonwealth supported programs at UTAS. This means you can choose from: a range of more than 100 undergraduate degrees; or postgraduate coursework degrees in many different disciplines.
Information including course advice and how to apply is available from the team in the Uni Info Centre, who can be contacted by phone on 1300 363 864 or by email Course.Info@utas.edu.au
Am I eligible for the Alumni HECS Scholarship?
This opportunity is extended to all UTAS Alumni who:
- are Australia citizens OR permanent residency visa holders residing in Australia during their studies; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - visit studyassist.gov.au for eligibility guidelines) and fulfil Commonwealth requirements; and
- have not graduated with a UTAS degree or qualification in the previous three years (that is, you did not graduate in 2011, 2012 or 2013); and
- are not currently receiving any other UTAS HECS scholarships.
How do I enrol?
- Submit your online application
- Once you have received your offer of a place at UTAS, follow the instructions provided to accept your offer
- When completing your enrolment in the UTAS eSTUDENTCENTRE you must also complete the 2014 Alumni HECS Scholarship application (accessed via the 'Scholarships' option listed on the side menu)
- The scholarship deduction will appear on the fees invoice available online at eStudentCentre
- The Alumni HECS scholarship is for study in 2014
- The scholarship covers study in Commonwealth supported programs only and is not applicable for full fee paying courses
- Normal UTAS admission requirements apply
- Students must meet the Alumni HECS Scholarship eligibility requirements as listed above
- The scholarship covers study of up to 25% of a full-time university load in 2014 - this may be made up of two 12.5% units or one 25% unit
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are already receiving any other UTAS HECS scholarships
Need more information?
Please contact the Uni Info Centre on 1300 363 864 to discuss your options or to make an appointment with a Student Adviser. Alternatively, email Course.Info@utas.edu.au