We want our students, staff, visitors and members of the community to have a positive experience with our University, and a safe one. We encourage you to reports any concerns or complaints you may have, and we will do our best to resolve them.
Have a concern?
You can report any concerns relating to behaviour, student or staff wellbeing and child safety concerns.
Have a complaint?
You can lodge a formal complaint regarding inappropriate behaviour of students or staff, or service or experience
Safe and Fair Community Unit
The Safe and Fair Community Unit (SaFCU) is a University service which provides support, advice and information to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our University community. If you'd like to connect with someone from SaFCU, here's how you can get in touch.
Other support resources
For emergencies, telephone the police, fire brigade and ambulance on 000 immediately. Campus Security is available day and night to deal with any security or safety concerns. Find out more about emergencies and security services.
The University provides counselling for staff and students
- Staff and family members can access a free and confidential counselling service via the University Employee Assistance Program on 1800 650 204.
- Students can seek support from counsellors in Student Wellbeing or 1800 817 675 (free call).
- If you need to speak with a counsellor outside business hours you can call the University Crisis Line on 1300 511 709 or text on +61 488 884 168.
If you have experienced sexual assault or sexual harassment, support and assistance is available to you.
- Call the National Hotline for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732 (free call).
- Southern Tasmania: Contact the Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS) on +61 3 6231 0044 during business hours or for 24 hour a day crisis support and information on 1800 697 877.
- North or North West of Tasmania, or any other state in Australia, visit Sexual assault support services throughout Australia.