The University Club
The University Club will be reopening at 8:30am Monday 18 January, offering breakfast options as well as delicious coffee, with lunch from 11:30 (last orders taken 1:30pm).
Menu is available via the Pickled Pear Facebook page.
The Club and our caterers Pickled Pear have instituted several changes to ensure you continued safety when using the facility, including:
- physical barriers at the front counter;
- a register for all patrons, both members and guests;
- more space between tables;
- more thorough cleaning and sanitisation procedures:and
- changes in the kitchen and delivery procedures.
Have you got your dot ? The club can now screen you upon arrival if you were unable to get to one of the University's screening stations (PDF 313KB) beforehand.
You can still bring in your reusable coffee cups, but please ensure they are clean before you hand them over (when they will be additionally sanitised.
You can still pay by cash, but cashless payment is preferred.
The University Club reopened on Monday 20 July, we are offering reduced rates for the Alan Bray and Geoff Cheesman dining rooms for 2020. See rates below.
The Club has two dining rooms are available for hire for Club and University functions and events. The Club is licensed.
Rates for 2020
|Hire:|| Fee: $|
| Fee: $|
|Alan Bray Full Day U/M||90||99|
|Alan Bray Full Day NU/M||180||198|
|Alan Bray Half Day U/M||60||66|
|Alan Bray Half Day NU/M||120||132|
|Alan Bray After Business Hours U/M||60||66|
|Alan Bray After Business Hours NU/M||90||99|
|Geoff Cheesman Full Day U/M||90||99|
|Geoff Cheesman Full Day NU/M||360||396|
|Geoff Cheesman Half Day U/M||95||104|
|Geoff Cheesman Half Day NU/M||150||165|
|Geoff Cheesman After Business Hours U/M||95||104|
|Geoff Cheesman After Business Hours NU/M||150|
|U/M||University/University Club Member|
|NU/M||Non-University/Non-University Club Member|
|Full Day||9am – 5pm during business hours|
|Half Day||Total 4 hours between 9am – 4pm during business hours|
- Those within The University should make a supplier payment via TechOne - the University Club Inc is supplier N 004431
- Others should pay by cheque (preferred)
- Alternatively, payment can be made by EFT to the account below but only if the invoice number and date are included in the "To Account" details and a remittance advice is sent at the same time to: Uni.Club@utas.edu.au
Account Number: 06 7104 10084805
Account Name: University Club Inc
University of Tasmania Branch
Sandy Bay TAS 7005
Please note: The University Club (as distinct from its caterer, The Pickled Pear) cannot accept payment by credit card.