GEOMETALLURGY, GEOENVIRONMENT AND MINING
- Create an integrated, cross-disciplinary geometallurgical research platform that delivers fundamental knowledge, tools and methods to the global mining industry for optimising sustainable and profitable mineral extraction.
- Develop more effective approaches to the definition of mineralogy, element deportment and texture using new technologies that can be linked to mineral processing performance and waste management, at a range of scales.
- Provide improved attributes or indices of processing performance that can be embedded into block models to define processing domains, which can be exploited in mine planning and optimisation.
- Deliver new cross-discipline geometallurgical education, training and awareness.
LEADER: Angela Escolme
- Extracting cobalt from legacy mine tailings
- Controls on mineralogical fractionation at the Gramalote Au deposit, Colombia
- Geometallurgical controls on mineralogical fractionation in porphyry copper deposits
- Geological controls on gold fractionation at the Carosue Dam deposit, WA
- LIBS analysis for geo-sensing
- New technologies for ore and waste characterisation
- Geological and geometallurgical characterisation of QPG veins, Mankayan District, Philippines (TMVC project)
- Characterising supergene copper mineralogy using hyperspectral techniques (TMVC project)
- Quantification of gold-bearing pyrite in processing samples from Lihir gold mine (TMVC project)
- Far-field and near-mine footprints: Finding and defining the next generation of Tier 1 ore deposits (AMIRA P1202) – Module 4 (TMVC project)
- Integrated waste classification for best practice AMD prediction (TMVC project)
- Mineralogical domaining of low grade and no grade zones using automated drill core logging at Cadia (TMVC project)
- Utilising industrial waste materials for AMD control (TMVC project)
- Geometallurgy of historic mine waste: Evaluating options for reprocessing (TMVC project)
- Mineralogical and geochemical characterisation of historical slag: Evaluating environmental impacts and economic significance (TMVC project)
- Evaluating mineralogical fractionation at the Renison Sn mine
- Geometallurgical applications for sorting by surface analysis: review of status
- Micro-XRF analysis of drill core for geometallurgical characterisation and application to grade-by-size fractionation
- Geotechnical and geometallurgical assessment of the Cadia East deposit using Corescan automated core logging technology (TMVC project)
- Ore characterisation and geometallurgical modelling at the Productora Cu-Au-Mo deposit, Chile (TMVC project)
- Cadia East multi-element lithogeochemistry: Evaluation of trace element deportment important to processing (TMVC project)
- Geology and geometallurgical characterisation of the high Au, low Cu material at West Dome, Telfer (TMVC project)
- Development of effective short-term leach tests for water quality prediction (TMVC project)
- Metal extraction from mine tailings using bioleaching: Environmental and economic benefits (TMVC project)
- Determining bioaccessibility risks at the historic Aberfoyle tailing site, North East Tasmania (TMVC project)