The employment of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people is a core component of the University of Tasmania's Strategic Plan of Aboriginal Engagement (5.30 MB). The building of the Indigenous workforce is recognised as a key enabler of broader improvements in higher education outcomes for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. The growth of Aboriginal employment at the University is guided by the University's Aboriginal Employment Plan 2021-2024 (1.99 KB), and entails a strong focus on the attraction, retention, and success of our Aboriginal workforce.
The below websites contain a variety of employment opportunities. They consist of both Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identified positions and non-identified positions. The internal positions cover all positions at the University of Tasmania, the external website links are primarily focused on research positions however, contain other positions too.
- Australian Research Council
- CSIRO: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Health Infonet
- Indigenous Careers
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- The Uni Jobs - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander University Positions in Oceania
- Careers with the Tasmanian Government
The University of Tasmania provides Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with access to a number of internships internally and externally. Riawunna Centre for Aboriginal Education can assist with any specific student internship inquiries. Additionally, the following websites are useful for accessing Indigenous student internships and developing workforce capabilities:
- CareerHub (University of Tasmania)
- Sustainability Integration Program for Students (University of Tasmania)
- CareerTrackers: Indigenous Internship Program
- Aurora Internship Program
- Indigenous Graduate Program