Students completing this unit will have acquired knowledge about workplace culture and its impact on quality service delivery; to acquire knowledge about factors that facilitate or act as barriers to the development of a quality-culture in the workplace; apply this knowledge to critically analyse simulated work-place scenarios
|Unit name||The Quality Culture and implementing quality improvements|
|College/School||College of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing
|Coordinator||Ms Jo Jones|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (refer to How do I withdraw from a unit? for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Identify and explain a range of theoretical frameworks to describe organisational culture
- Identify and evaluate factors that underpin safety and quality cultures
- Identify and apply relevant models and methods to assess organisational cultures and climates for safety and quality
- Identify and analyse models and frameworks to support implementation of quality improvement ideas and organisational change
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1,3||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1,3||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2,3||Domestic Full Fee 4|
1 Please refer to more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Please refer to more information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses.
3 Please refer to more information on eligibility for HECS-HELP.
4 Please refer to more information on eligibility for FEE-HELP.
Please note: international students should refer to What is an indicative Fee? to get an indicative course cost.
Individual Study – This unit is offered fully online via MyLO (My Learning Online). You are expected to devote around 10 hours per week to the study materials, assessment tasks and self-directed learning.
|Assessment||Quiz (25%)|Online Posts and Discussions (30%)|Research Informed Case Study (45%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.