In Tasmania, the Professional Experience Office organises placements on behalf of students. As per the Professional Experience guidelines, under no circumstances are students to contact schools in Tasmania to organise their own placement. To assist us with allocating students to an appropriate placement, all students complete a placement application in InPlace (our placement management system).
If you are a student based outside of Tasmania, please refer to the Interstate Student Webpage for more information.
Part 1: Placement Application Instructions
- Check the applicable Professional Experience Unit is showing as enrolled (not planned) in eStudent (If you are unable to change the status from planned to enrolled please contact a CALE Course Information Officer via UConnect for assistance)
- Log into InPlace and complete the following application sections:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Car and Transport Details
- Education Preference Form Including:
- 3 region preferences
- Religion of faith based preferences
- Conflict of interest
If you are experiencing difficulty in completing your Inplace application, please see our short instructional video explanations.
Part 2: Professional Experience Compliance Requirements
Please follow the below links for further compliance instructions and information:
- Safe to Practise Agreement form 2023. Please read carefully, fill in and upload to InPlace. To be completed once a year.
- The information provided in your Safe to Practise Agreement form will determine the need of a Health Assessment.
- Health Assessment (If required) [PDF 974.7 KB]
- TRB Student Good Character Determination – both an online application and supporting documentation must be provided via Australia Post.
- TRB SGCD is not required for students completing the Graduate Certificate (Early Childhood) course
- TRB SGCD is not required for students that hold a Teachers Registration or Vet Specialist Registration in Tasmania
- Working with Vulnerable People Check
Failure to complete these requirements will result in being ineligible for placement in the calendar year.
If you are experiencing difficulty in completing your compliance requirements, please see our short instructional video explanations or contact the Professional Experience Office for more information.
Please see Course Specific Information for more information related to your course including Professional Experience units, dates, placement expectations and assessment reports.