Professional Development Opportunity for TIS High Performance Athletes and staff
The Tasmanian Institute of Sport (TIS) HECS Scholarship is available to High Performance Athletes and employees of the Tasmanian Institute of Sport (TIS) in 2019.
This scholarship covers study of up to 25% of a full-time study load in a single academic year. This may be made up of two 12.5 credit point units, one 25 credit point unit, or half of a 50 credit point unit each year, for either full-time or part-time study.
Am I eligible for the TIS HECS Scholarship?
This opportunity is extended to all High Performance Athletes and employees of the TIS who:
- are training with or employed by the TIS on a continuing basis (full-time and part-time) or on a fixed-term contract of 12 months or more; and
- will continue to be training with or employed by the TIS while undertaking the HECS scholarship units; and
- are eligible to study in a Commonwealth supported place (for more information on Commonwealth supported places please visit Study Assist); and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS scholarships
What can I study?
The TIS HECS Scholarship applies to Commonwealth supported programs at the University of Tasmania.
Students can choose from a range of more than 100 undergraduate degrees, or postgraduate coursework degrees in many different disciplines. Further information on courses offered by the University of Tasmania can be found in the Course & Unit Handbook.
Normal University of Tasmania admission requirements apply.
- The scholarship covers study in Commonwealth supported programs only and is not applicable for full fee paying courses
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are already receiving any other University of Tasmania scholarships
- Students must also meet the eligibility criteria common to all HECS Scholarships
How to apply
- Submit your online application to study at the University of Tasmania
- Once you have received an offer, follow the instructions provided to accept your place
- Complete your enrolment in eStudent (click 'Study', then 'Manage Study Plan' on the left menu)
- Once your enrolment is complete, apply for the TIS HECS Scholarship application online (in eStudent click 'Fees', then 'Apply for a HECS scholarship' in the Quick Links menu)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application via your UTAS email address.
Students who have not undertaken tertiary study before, or who have been away from study for a number of years should plan to attend 'Unistart' - an introduction to study at the University of Tasmania.
Need more information?
For enquiries regarding the HECS scholarship, contact the Fees Unit via U.Connect@utas.edu.au