Welcome to the University of Tasmania Scholarships program
** DESTINATION AUSTRALIA ** - more information on this exciting new scholarship, funded by the Australian Government, will be coming soon. The University has only recently been advised that our funding application has been successful and we are currently setting up an application process. Watch this space!
Applications for most scholarships closed on 31 October. Those remaining open are –
Closing date 31 January 2020
Brenda White Scholarship in Medical Research
Clifford Craig Foundation Medical Honours Scholarship
Clifford Craig Foundation Nursing Honours Scholarship
Dave Warren Honours Scholarship in Optical Astronomy (re-opened)
Dr Leon Wescombe Honours Scholarship in Cystic Fibrosis
Dr MG Ciezar Memorial Scholarship (re-opened)
Humanities in Place Industry Engagement Scholarship
Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
Jim Bacon Memorial Scholarship
Leonie Dickson Indigenous Health Honours Scholarship
Lewis and Sons Bursary in Agricultural Science (re-opened)
Maida Beatrice Graham Scholarship
Menzies Institute for Medical Research Honours Scholarship
Nursing Honours Scholarship
RAAF Assoc (Tas) WAAAF Branch Honours Scholarship in Alzheimer's Disease
Ralph Chapman Scholarship in Public Policy (re-opened)
RANZCO (Tasmanian Branch) Honours Research Scholarship
Rhonda Ewart Honours Scholarship in Dementia Care
School of Medicine Honours Scholarship
TSBE Interstate Regional and Remote High Achievers Scholarship for Business
V Patasius and Dr Al Taskunas Lithuanian Studies Society Scholarship
Wicking Centre Erica Bell Honours Scholarship
Waterworth Optical Collection History Honours Scholarship (re-opened)
Wicking Centre Health Services Honours Scholarship in Dementia Care
Wicking Centre Neuroscience Honours Scholarship in Dementia Research
William and Beatrice Taylor Honours Scholarship in Medical Science
Closing date 28 February 2020
Australian Mariners' Welfare Society Scholarship
Blundstone Scholarship for Agribusiness
Merchant Navy War Memorial Fund Scholarship
Tassal Scholarship in Applied Science (Aquaculture)
The ‘Future You powered by ANL’ Scholarship in Global Logistics and Maritime Management
Closing date 9 March 2020
Graeme Foster Tasmania University Football Club Scholarship
RFDS Commercial Travellers Association 4th year Medical Student Scholarship
Closing date 19 March 2020
Pharmacy Honours Scholarship
The Tall Foundation Honours Scholarship in Pharmacy
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
- Application status - To check the status of any award available through our program throughout the year, go to our 'A-Z Listing' (web link below). Please note that, in order to promote our generous donors, awards which close on 31 October will remain on our website until applications re-open in the following August.
- Main application period - Applications for most awards commencing in Semester 1 open at the beginning of August and close strictly on 31 October in the year prior. (An exception to this is scholarships for current engineering students, which are open in our mid-year intake of May-June in the year prior.) From time to time, applications for some scholarships may be re-opened, or have the closing date extended. If this is the case, those scholarships will be listed above.
- Mid-year applications - Applications for payment commencing in Semester 2 open in early May and close strictly on 30 June each year. Current engineering students should also apply in this round.
The majority of the funding for our scholarships and bursaries is provided by donations made through the University of Tasmania Foundation. Please note that not all scholarships are administered by our program. It may be worthwhile checking with your course coordinator, or refer to other scholarships and prestigious scholarships.
Cover photo: Vice-Chancellor Professor Rufus Black with some of our scholarship recipients awarded in 2018.
Photographer: Loic Le Guilly
Please note: applications for Higher Degree by Research only scholarships are managed through the Graduate Research Office, and different closing dates may apply.
- Guide to using the online scholarship application (PDF 152.6KB)
- Scholarships Brochure 2020 (PDF 199.0KB)