Welcome to the University of Tasmania Scholarships program
Applications in our mid-year round are NOW OPEN. Scholarships and bursaries which are available for application are listed below. With the exception of the Blundstone Scholarship for Agribusiness and the Bruce Wall Scholarship in Applied Science (Aquaculture), the closing date for applications is strictly Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Access and Equity: Vice-Chancellor's University of Tasmania Access Scholarship
Agriculture: Professor George Wade Scholarship in Agricultural Science
AMC: AMSA Vocational Near Coastal Seafaring Indigenous Scholarship; Tasmanian Gas Pipeline Women in Engineering Scholarship; The 'Future You powered by ANL' Scholarship in Global Logistics and Maritime Management; Women in Seafaring Scholarship
Engineering: COVA Tasmania University Scholarship in Engineering; Cromarty Scholarship in Engineering; GHD Scholarship in Civil Engineering; Granville Harbour Wind Farm Women in Engineering Scholarship; pitt&sherry University of Tasmania Scholarship in Engineering
Health Sciences: Environmental Health Australia Scholarship
High Achievers: College of Sciences & Engineering Catalyst Program Scholarship; College of Sciences & Engineering Creative Innovators Program Scholarship; Destination Australia Scholarship (for Domestic Students); TSBE High Achievers Scholarship in Business and Economics
Honours and Masters: Arts Honours Scholarship; Chemistry Masters Scholarship; J Malcolm Gillies Honours Scholarship in Genetics; Jane R Gillies Honours Scholarship in Botany; Nursing Honours Scholarship; Professor Allan Canty Honours Scholarship in Chemistry; Professor Newton Barber Honours Scholarship in Plant Science; Professor Paul Haddad Honours Scholarship in Chemistry; RANZCO (Tasmanian Branch) Honours Research Scholarship; School of Medicine Honours Scholarship; University of Tasmania Honours Scholarship; Zoology Honours Scholarship
Indigenous: Leonie Dickson Indigenous Health Honours Scholarship; Riawunna Access Bursary; takamuna Scholarship for Accommodation (ICAS); takamuna Scholarship for Education Costs (ICECS)
Medicine: Dr Santokh Singh Sindhu Travelling Scholarship in Paediatrics; RFDS Fred McKay Medical Student Scholarship
Music: Conservatorium of Music Scholarship; D&MV McDonald Scholarship in Music
Nursing: RFDS Robin Miller Nursing Scholarship
Other: V Patasius and Dr Al Taskunas Lithuanian Studies Society Scholarship
Politics and Policy: Ralph Chapman Scholarship in Public Policy
Relocation: Relocation Bursary for the accelerated Bachelor of Business; Relocation Bursary in Global Logistics and Maritime Management; Relocation Scholarship for the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
University College: Blundstone Scholarship for Agribusiness; Bruce Wall Scholarship in Applied Science (Aquaculture)
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
- Application status - To check the status of any award available through our program throughout the year, go to our 'A-Z Listing' (web link below). Please note that, in order to promote our generous donors, awards which close on 31 October will remain on our website until applications re-open in the following August.
- Main application period - Applications for most awards commencing in Semester 1 open at the beginning of August and close strictly on 31 October in the year prior. (An exception to this is scholarships for current engineering students, which are open in our mid-year round of May-June in the year prior.) From time to time, applications for some scholarships may be re-opened, or have the closing date extended. If this is the case, those scholarships will be listed above.
- Mid-year applications - Applications open in early May and close strictly on 30 June each year. This round normally includes scholarships for current students intending to undertake overseas travel in the second half of the year. However, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we are not accepting applications for overseas travel in the 2020 mid-year round. We are hopeful that applications will be open in our main round of August-October for travel in the first half of 2021.
The majority of the funding for our scholarships and bursaries is provided by donations made through the University of Tasmania Foundation. Please note that not all scholarships are administered by our program. It may be worthwhile checking with your course coordinator, or refer to other scholarships and prestigious scholarships.
Cover photo: Vice-Chancellor Professor Rufus Black with some of our scholarship recipients.
Photographer: Loic Le Guilly
Please note: applications for Higher Degree by Research only scholarships are managed through the University's Graduate Research Office, and different closing dates may apply.
- Guide to using the online scholarship application (PDF 152.6KB)
- Scholarships Brochure 2020 (PDF 199.0KB)