Welcome to the University of Tasmania Scholarships program
Once Year 12 scores are released, our office is able to start making scholarship offers to commencing students. Please note that if you accept an offer (and, in particular, a relocation scholarship or bursary) and have submitted a scholarship application through our program, we will most definitely still assess you for other awards.
Acceptance of a scholarship offer now means that it is your current intention to study at the University of Tasmania this year. However, we realise that this intention may change. If you accept an offer and later wish to alter that decision, we would ask you to respond to the emailed offer and let us know.
Applications for most scholarships closed on 31 October. Those remaining open are –
Closing date 28 February 2020
AMSA First Year Access Scholarship for Maritime Studies
AMSA Vocational Near Coastal Seafaring Indigenous Scholarship
AMSA Women in Maritime Engineering Scholarship
Australian Mariners' Welfare Society Scholarship
Blundstone Scholarship for Agribusiness
Bruce Wall Scholarship in Applied Science (Aquaculture)
Merchant Navy War Memorial Fund Scholarship
Tassal Scholarship in Applied Science (Aquaculture)
The ‘Future You powered by ANL’ Scholarship in Global Logistics and Maritime Management
Closing date 9 March 2020
Graeme Foster Tasmania University Football Club Scholarship
RFDS Commercial Travellers Association 4th year Medical Student Scholarship
Closing date 19 March 2020
Pharmacy Honours Scholarship
The Tall Foundation Honours Scholarship in Pharmacy
Closing date 19 April 2020
International Study Tasmania Colombian Scholarship in Science
Please note that we automatically assess the following awards on the basis of eligibility and Admission offer (no scholarship application is necessary)
College of Sciences and Engineering Catalyst Program Scholarship
College of Sciences and Engineering Creative Innovators Program Scholarship
Excellent Achiever Scholarship - National Centre for Maritime Engineering
Outstanding Achiever Scholarship - National Centre for Maritime Engineering
Relocation Bursary for Bachelor of Architecture and Built Environments (Creative Innovators Program)
Relocation Bursary for Bachelor of Design (Creative Innovators Program)
Relocation Bursary for Science Catalyst Program
Relocation Bursary for the accelerated Bachelor of Business
Relocation Bursary in Agricultural Science
Relocation Bursary in AMC Co-operative Maritime Engineering
Relocation Bursary in AMC Maritime Engineering Pathways
Relocation Bursary in Business and Economics
Relocation Bursary in Exercise and Sports Science
Relocation Bursary in Global Logistics and Maritime Management
Relocation Bursary in Medical Research
Relocation Bursary in Pharmacy
Relocation Scholarship for the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
The Hedberg Relocation Scholarship in Music
TSBE High Achievers Scholarship in Business and Economics
Women in Maritime Engineering Scholarship
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
- Application status - To check the status of any award available through our program throughout the year, go to our 'A-Z Listing' (web link below). Please note that, in order to promote our generous donors, awards which close on 31 October will remain on our website until applications re-open in the following August.
- Main application period - Applications for most awards commencing in Semester 1 open at the beginning of August and close strictly on 31 October in the year prior. (An exception to this is scholarships for current engineering students, which are open in our mid-year intake of May-June in the year prior.) From time to time, applications for some scholarships may be re-opened, or have the closing date extended. If this is the case, those scholarships will be listed above.
- Mid-year applications - Applications for payment commencing in Semester 2 open in early May and close strictly on 30 June each year. Current engineering students should also apply in this round.
The majority of the funding for our scholarships and bursaries is provided by donations made through the University of Tasmania Foundation. Please note that not all scholarships are administered by our program. It may be worthwhile checking with your course coordinator, or refer to other scholarships and prestigious scholarships.
Cover photo: Vice-Chancellor Professor Rufus Black with some of our scholarship recipients.
Photographer: Loic Le Guilly
Please note: applications for Higher Degree by Research only scholarships are managed through the University's Graduate Research Office, and different closing dates may apply.
- Guide to using the online scholarship application (PDF 152.6KB)
- Scholarships Brochure 2020 (PDF 199.0KB)