Welcome to the University of Tasmania Scholarships program
Applications for most 2020 scholarships and bursaries close 31 October 2019.
CLOSING SOON Dean’s Summer Research Scholarship – applications are closing this Sunday, 20 October.
Current students in the College of Sciences and Engineering are invited to apply for a 6-8 week project, to be undertaken between November 2019 and February 2020. Your supervisor's report (and CoE where applicable) must also be received by the closing date.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
- Application status - To check the status of any award available through our program throughout the year, go to our 'A-Z Listing' (web link below). Please note that, in order to promote our generous donors, awards which close on 31 October will remain on our website until applications re-open in the following August.
- Main application period - Applications for most awards commencing in Semester 1 open at the beginning of August and close strictly on 31 October in the year prior. (An exception to this is scholarships for current engineering students, which are open in our mid-year intake of May-June in the year prior.) From time to time, applications for some scholarships may be re-opened, or have the closing date extended. If this is the case, those scholarships will be listed above.
- Mid-year applications - Applications for payment commencing in Semester 2 open in early May and close strictly on 30 June each year. Current engineering students should also apply in this round.
The majority of the funding for our scholarships and bursaries is provided by donations made through the University of Tasmania Foundation. Please note that not all scholarships are administered by our program. It may be worthwhile checking with your course coordinator, or refer to other scholarships and prestigious scholarships.
Cover photo: Vice-Chancellor Professor Rufus Black with some of our scholarship recipients awarded in 2018.
Photographer: Loic Le Guilly
- Guide to using the online scholarship application (PDF 152.6KB)
- Scholarships Brochure 2020 (PDF 199.0KB)