Find out where your degree can take you.
Our exchange program allows you to spend up to a year of your degree studying overseas. We have over 150+ exchange partners throughout Europe, North America and Asia. Tuition fees at the host university are waived, and all studies undertaken are recognised as part of your degree.
A range of scholarships are available to help cover some of your costs. Plus, our team of dedicated staff will be there to support you every step of the way.
Looking for a shorter experience? We also have a range of summer and winter programs that run from 2 to 4 weeks. This can involve overseas travel or an online experience. You could spend a snow season in France, attend a rock concert in the USA, or do a virtual Hong Kong internship. Not all classrooms have four walls.
What you’ll gain from studying and living overseas:
- A global mindset
- Language immersion
- An appreciation for diversity
- Expanded social network
- Project management skills
- Improved career prospects
- Confidence & independence
- Develop intercultural competencies
- Access unique and prestigious programs
Current students: To find out more including application dates and how to apply, check the Student Portal.
About our exchange programs
What programs are available?
If being totally immersed in a new culture sounds appealing, why not try a semester-long exchange?
This program gives you the opportunity to study at 100+ partnered universities for up to a year as a part of your University of Tasmania degree. All approved programs will be credited towards your University of Tasmania degree.
- Location: 140+ partner universities in North America, Asia and Europe
- Duration: 1 – 2 semesters
- Fees: Continue paying your University of Tasmania tuition fees. Students are responsible for funding flights, accommodation, cost of living etc.
- Funding: University scholarships, host institution scholarships, OS-HELP Loan, Centrelink Student Allowance.
Love the idea of overseas study but can’t commit to a full semester? A short-term program is perfect!
We have a number of opportunities available, from college-led programs, to summer or winter school through our partner universities and external providers.
- Location: France, Spain, USA, Singapore, UK and more!
- Duration: 2 – 6 weeks
- Fees: Depending on the program, you will either continue paying regular tuition fees, or pay fees directly to the provider
- Funding: University scholarships, host institution
scholarships, OS-HELP Loan, Centrelink Student Allowance.
Program highlight: View our new summer semester program, University Global Opportunity Program (UniGO)
Go places from home. Experience the world from Tasmania.
Immerse yourself in another culture, learn how to adapt to new environments, and build global connections – all without leaving home.
You can study Media, Languages, Sustainable Tourism, Business, Law, Education and Teaching, Humanities, and Music. We have a number of grants and scholarships available, and you’ll earn credit towards your degree. You can also complete a virtual internship with organisations in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Africa, Spain, and the USA. To find a virtual overseas experience, complete your application to study with us today.